You waited patiently, and it’s here at last! Our brand new Skanda Vale Cookbook app brings together the very best recipes from the Skanda Vale Temple Kitchen with some firm favourites from the Hospice.
All proceeds from the sale of this app help us to provide free care for people with life limiting illnesses. Our sincere gratitude and thanks to Richard Fairall for testing each recipe and developing this app.
Cookbook feature list:
- Each recipe can be edited so you can adjust the quantities to suit your taste.
- Enter the number of people you’re cooking for and the weights and measures adjust automatically.
- Metric or imperial – the app automatically converts from one to the other.
- All the recipes are organised into three booklets; ‘Guruji’s Favourites’, ‘Skanda Vale Kitchen’ and ‘Hospice Recipes’.
- Create your own booklet – for example, search the cookbook for ‘Quorn’ and add the results to a new booklet which you might call ‘Quorn Dishes’.
- Create your own menus.
- Store recipes in a Favourites booklet for quick access.
- No internet connection needed – you’ll have full cookbook functionality offline.
- The app only needs an internet connection for occasional updates.
- A built-in timer and alarm can be initiated through a couple of taps on the screen.
- Some recipes also have clickable oven times in the method text which initiate the timer.
- We’ve built in a search facility to find your favourite recipes.
- You can then add your searches to Favourites, Menus or your own Booklets.
- Recipe updates will be provided automatically (needs wifi).
- Recipes can be printed in PDF format through a Google-ready printer.
- There’s a simple help system available from the main page.