Bank Holiday Monday 27th May 2019.
Join us for a hike up one of the UK’s most spectacular mountains! You’ll be walking the Minffordd path (which a lot of people argue is the most beautiful route). The walk starts in an ancient wooded gorge, with mountain streams and waterfalls.
From here, you head up to what looks a bit like a volcano crater, but it is in fact, a deep glacial lake. Then, there’s a meandering climb up to the summit, with breathtaking 360° views of the surrounding hills and coastline, before your final descent to base camp.
Remember – every penny you raise will help us to provide care and support to families affected by life-limiting illnesses, completely free of charge.
Sponsored walk details
- Start point: Minffordd car park
- Distance: 5.5 miles
- Duration: 6 hours
- Summit height: 893 metres/2930 feet
- Difficulty: Hard
- Terrain: Very steep steps to start, followed by mainly good paths over grass, stone and rock. Steep ascents and descents in places.
- Registration time: 9.00am
- Departure time: 9.30am
- Sponsorship: Please aim to raise £250 for the hospice. (1/3 of this sponsorship is required before the event).
- Food: A packed lunch and snacks will be provided for all walkers.
- Transport: We can provide free minibus transport to and from the event for walkers (there’s no room onboard for spectators unfortunately).
Staying safe on the mountain
- Please be aware that this is quite a challenging walk.
- Walkers should be fit and healthy and be able to keep a fair pace.
- Weather conditions can change quickly, so sensible outdoor clothing is really important.
- The temperature at the top could be up to 10°C cooler than in the valley.
- Walking boots are essential, no trainers! For your comfort, please avoid wearing jeans.
- Please wear several thin layers so that you can adjust your temperature.
- Bring a waterproof jacket, trousers and a water bottle.
- If it is a hot day, remember a sun hat and sun cream.
- A spare pair of socks is useful too!
- Walkers will be accompanied by guides who know the route, but please take responsibility for your own safety and wellbeing by being prepared for varying weather conditions.
- So, be safe and enjoy an awesome walk!
Apply to walk Cadair Idris
If you’d like to join us, please fill in your details below, and Sister Ally will be in touch shortly. Thanks!