Saturday 6th April 2019
Fly like Eddie the Eagle on ‘Zip World Velocity’ – the fastest zip line in the world and the longest in Europe!
Help raise funds for Skanda Vale Hospice by zipping along a mile of cable over an abandoned slate quarry in North Wales. You’ll start on the Little Zipper to build your confidence, before journeying up the quarry in some cool red army trucks.
Take in the stunning views from the top of Velocity, out towards Anglesey and the Isle of Man. Then ride the Big Zipper over the deep blue quarry lake, reaching speeds well in excess of 100mph!
This event requires zero talent; even a sack of potatoes could do it! But the exhilaration when you step back on terra firma will be intoxicating.
Itinery / details
- Adventurers will meet at Skanda Vale Monastery for breakfast at 5.00am on Saturday 6th April 2019.
- We will provide free minibus transport to and from the event.
- We leave from Skanda Vale at 6am, for an 10am zip wire launch.
- A scrumptious packed lunch, snacks and drinks will also be provided.
- Each adventurer must pay £85 for their zip wire launch (plus a £5.10 Helm Tickets booking fee) and in addition raise at least £125 sponsorship for the hospice.
- We have just 9 places available for this event, but if demand is high please add your name to our waitlist and we may be able to book another date.
Terms & conditions:
- Please ensure you arrive at Skanda Vale on time. Adventurers who are late or cancel less than 7 days before the event cannot be refunded.
- Adventurers must be aged 10+.
- Adult supervision is required for young people between 10 and 17 years old.
- Minimum weight is 30kg (4.7 stone), maximum weight is 120kg (19 stone).
- Minimum height is 1.2m (4 foot), maximum height is 2.1m (6 foot, 8 inches).
- Adventures may occasionally be compromised by adverse weather conditions. In such circumstances, Zip World may amend weight restrictions, delay adventures or postpone altogether.
- Zip World shall endeavour to notify customers of such changes in advance although at times operations may be compromised without prior notice.
What to wear:
- We strongly advise you to wear warm and waterproof clothing. On warm summer days please still bear in mind the zip lines are in a mountainous environment where temperatures are significantly lower than elsewhere.
- Long hair should be tied back, all jewellery, scarves and headscarves to be removed and skirts are not recommended.
- For your feet; training shoes or walking boots. Open toe shoes, flip-flops, sandals, wellies or similar footwear is not permitted.
- Zip World reserves the right to refuse admittance should appropriate clothing not be worn.