Registered nurses – job overview:
|Responsible to:||Clinical Lead Nurse Manager|
|Base:||Skanda Vale Hospice, Saron, Llandysul, Carmarthenshire, SA44 5DY|
|Hours:||37.5hrs per month for respite provision|
|Start date:||Straight away|
- Skanda Vale Hospice currently provide day care and inpatient respite at our peaceful, rural location, near Llandysul in South West Wales.
- We are a small, independent hospice, established in 1993 and run by Skanda Vale multi-faith monastic community.
- We offer you the chance to be part of a team of paid staff and volunteers who are committed to creating a truly person centred way of caring that puts the patient at the heart of everything we do.
- In October 2014 we started building this beautiful new, six-bedroom inpatient unit
- In March 2016 we began offering inpatient respite for one week each month.
- In September this year we will increase our respite to two weeks each month.
- 24/7 respite and end of life care services will be launched in 2018.
What it’s like working here:
I feel so blessed to be nursing at Skanda Vale Hospice, and it may sound clichéd but it really doesn’t feel like work when I am there.
It is an amazing team of staff and volunteers, and the true beauty of being volunteer-led is that people are there simply because they love being there.
What I love most about the hospice is being able to nurse in the way that I have always dreamed of. I have the time to sit and talk with patients, to give them truly holistic care, not just doing the fundamental aspects of care before rushing on to the next patient.
There is something really beautiful about being able to support someone in having a long relaxing bath and hair wash, or sitting with them in the garden listening to the birds, or making them hot chocolate and crumpets when they can’t sleep.
Plus we are all so well supported and looked after, from having our uniforms laundered at the hospice, to being fed delicious homemade food. We have in-house training, access to clinical supervision and regular team development days.
We would love for you to come and join our team of skilled and compassionate staff.
Kiera L Jones – Deputy Clinical Lead
What we’re looking for:
You will be compassionate and innovative in your approach to caring for others. You will regularly take charge of a span of duty and so must have excellent organizational and communication skills to ensure your team delivers appropriate and responsive care to the resident patients. Ideally you will have some experience of caring for individuals with palliative care or complex needs, but more importantly you are a nurse who wishes to make a difference to the lives of those you care for.
Job summary for Band 5 Nurse:
- To provide high quality palliative care to patients receiving respite care in the hospice environment.
- To work in partnership with the patient and their family to undertake assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of person-centred plans of care to meet their needs.
- To act as a role model for team members and provide supervision, encouragement and motivation to achieve excellence in service delivery.
- To uphold the ethos of the hospice and contribute to the development of the volunteer model of care delivery.
Download the Band 5 job summary and person specification:
How to apply:
- Please email your covering letter and CV to: [email protected]
- Applications must be received by Friday 28th July.
- Successful applicants will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure, from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
- We are an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
- Find out more about our current palliative care services
- Learn more about our organisation
- Meet our team