Our assisted bathing service is available as part of our inpatient respite or day hospice service. Anyone who has been diagnosed with a life-limiting illness, or who has palliative care needs, will be warmly welcomed to use our assisted bathing service.
The benefits of assisted bathing
Many people who come to the hospice find it difficult to have a proper bath or shower at home. It can be uncomfortable (and sometimes unsafe) trying to wash whilst coping with difficult physical limitations. Yet staying properly clean and ‘scrubbed up’ can have a huge effect on how good we feel each day. We can help you relax and enjoy that weightless floaty feeling.
Our bathroom is very homely – we take great care to make sure it’s bright, warm and spacious. We have a comfortable hydraulic bathtub, which can be raised or lowered to help you aboard. We also have a chair and ceiling hoist if you have mobility difficulties. Rubber ducks and bubble bath are optional extras.
Having a bath
We’ll give you as much support as you need, whilst respecting your privacy and dignity.
- We can help with getting in or out of the bath, washing, drying and dressing.
- We have a changing table for those with limited mobility.
- All our carers are qualified with lots of experience, so you know you’re in safe hands.
- We provide soft towels and have a great selection of quality soaps and shampoos for you to choose from, or you can bring your own, if you prefer.
- Check out some other palliative care services in South West Wales
- More therapies support in Swansea from the Old Mill Foundation