Our day hospice service helps meet the palliative care needs of people with illnesses such as cancer, multiple sclerosis, heart failure, motor neurone disease and respiratory failure. In fact, anyone suffering from a life-limiting illness can use our services, completely free of charge.
The benefits for patients
Respite can provide you with a valuable sense of purpose and routine, whilst spending quality time with others. We can offer a wide range of uplifting therapies and activities to help boost your general sense of wellbeing. It can be a good way to help you and your family adapt to the changes and challenges that may be happening in your life.
Patients can join us either on a Tuesday or a Friday each week, from 10am to 3pm. If you prefer not to come for a full day, you can just come for a certain activity or time that suits you. Family members are welcome to accompany you, if you so wish.
We offer a space where you can just relax and be yourself. You may or may not want to talk about your situation. No problem. We put you and your needs first, so we won’t make you fit in with ‘our way’ of doing things.
Day hospice also gives you the opportunity to have your clinical needs assessed on an ongoing basis by our registered nurses.
Take a look inside our day hospice lounge:
The benefits for carers
Caring for someone with a life-limiting illness can have an impact on every aspect of your life. Our respite service offers carers a chance to have a break; do the shopping, go for a swim, see friends and family… whatever you need to do, our day hospice can give you precious time to yourself.
You are of course more than welcome to join in with activities and meals. It’s very important to us that carers feel fully included, informed and in control.
Day hospice services:
We offer a space where you can share experiences, have fun and find mutual support. Here’s a quick roundup of what we offer:
- A large, homely lounge, dining area and conservatory.
- A delicious, home-cooked vegetarian meal, made to suit any specific dietary requirements.
- Art and craft workshops.
- A hydraulic bath and chair lift for assisted bathing.
- Holistic therapies including reflexology, aromatherapy and massage.
- A quiet space to rest or be alone.
- Beautiful gardens, with countryside views beyond.
Making a referral
- Day hospice is available to anyone over the age of 18 who has been diagnosed with a life-limiting illness.
- Anyone can make a referral – patient, family or healthcare professional.
- All of our services are offered completely free of charge.
Day hospice can make a really big difference to your quality of life and feeling of independence, so please don’t leave making a referral until the last minute!
Please get in touch if you’d like to find out more
[contact-form-7 id=”2259″ title=”Main contact form”]