For patients who cannot, or prefer not to be cared for at home, we are working toward offering a new end of life care service in the not too distant future.
What is end of life care?
Our end of life care service provides support for those who are approaching death. Our aim is to support you to live fully and die with dignity, whilst providing care and help to your family and carers.
Our new end of life care service will include:
- Expert 24/7 palliative nursing care, including Advanced Nurse Practitioners.
- Access to medical support for symptom management.
- Fully holistic care offering physical, practical, social, emotional and spiritual support for both patient and family.
- Holistic therapies to aid relaxation and relieve symptoms.
- Access to spiritual care and a multi-faith sacred space.
- Bright airy rooms with access to outdoor space, views and extensive gardens.
- Family accommodation unit – your family can stay with you but benefit from their own living space.
- Support to help make informed decisions about your future care and treatment options, including legal matters such as granting lasting power of attorney.
- Check out our database of palliative care services in South West Wales
- Very helpful information on what to expect during the end of life at Marie Curie
- More good advice and support, with case studies from Macmillan