Volunteer Head of Operations
Have you got what it takes to oversee the day-to-day operations of our beautiful little hospice in the heart of the Carmarthenshire countryside? We need a team leader to inspire, organise and supervise our dedicated team of volunteers; someone who can manage and deal with the here and now as well as foresee any bumps in the road further down the line.
We need a part-time Volunteer Head of Operations who is willing to share their knowledge, talent and leadership experience, and can give us two days per week of their time, to make sure we are the very best we can be.
Day to day
At Skanda Vale Hospice, we place a great deal of trust and responsibility in the hands of our volunteers. That is never more so than with our Volunteer Head of Operations. Although it seems like a big job, our organisation is designed to make sure that this is an absorbing challenge but with plenty of support and very little stress.
We are hoping you’ll use your extensive leadership, organisational and team management skills to guide and inspire or volunteers and staff in the smooth running of the hospice.
As a key member of our management team, you will be part of the senior decision-making process and find solutions to issues as they arise.
You will bring a strong strategic vision to the day-to-day running of Skanda Vale Hospice.
We rely on our Head of Operations to oversee:
- Leadership of the people, finance, clinical, reception and general admin teams
- Helping us reshape our administrative processes as we move towards cloud-based systems
- Developing our digital and IT systems to meet our changing needs
- Improvements to the way we manage and use our data
- As well as the hospice itself, you will support two shops, a café and a holiday accommodation business to maximise income and help spread our message
- Representing the maintenance team to senior management and Trustees to make sure repairs and improvements are carried out as needed
Our Head of Operations needs to:
- Make sure we meet the relevant requirements for such a highly-regulated organisation
- Work with our Senior Management Team and Board of Trustees to achieve our plans
- Manage the operations teams budget
- Supervise and review team performance
- Make sure we are providing an excellent care experience in a high-quality environment
- Ensure a full and life-enhancing service for patients, their family and friends, and our team
- Inspire and lead the operations team
- Oversee day-to-day activities in line with our mission and values
- Identify and address staffing needs, conduct team support sessions and organise training
- Represent the Hospice externally to strengthen our position and raise our profile
We would love it if you have:
- Motivating and developing people, ideally volunteers
- Encouraging organisational excellence and continuous improvement
- Managing risk, measuring outcomes
- Leading multiple projects at once
- Of managing Health & Safety at work, fire safety or similar
- Of business planning processes and change management
- Of volunteering; its challenges and its opportunities
- Of how charities operate
Skills & Abilities
- IT competent and able to work onsite or remotely
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to remain calm and take action to safeguard service delivery
- Sound negotiating skills
- Tenacity and assertiveness to help us achieve our goals
- Ability to understand, follow and explain legal regulations
- Ability to spot issues and address problems
- Ability to manage risk, create solutions and report concerns
- Ability to analyse data and report at Board level
- Compassion and empathy while empowering others to deliver person-centred care
- Can-do attitude
- Motivational problem-solver
- Warm, friendly, nature
- Able to nurture teambuilding and a culture of togetherness
- Determination to achieve goals of Charity’s overall vision
- Desire to embrace the culture of care at Skanda Vale Hospice
This role description is not exhaustive. It is an outline of the main duties only, and will be reviewed periodically and amended following consultation with the post holder.
Our volunteers take part in induction and training, much of which happens in the first few weeks with us. Training varies role by role and can be reduced if someone has current relevant certificates. We also have meetings to update everyone and opportunities for additional support and learning.
Hours and Location: Two days a week – one day on-site and the equivalent of one day of remote availability for meetings and calls etc.
Time offering: Ideally, we would like you to commit to volunteering with us for a period of12 months or longer.
This role is supported by: The Hospice Manager
This role provides leadership to: The Operations Team
We cover volunteer expenses and personal articles required for the role, offering great food and refreshments on site, and host fun team days.
Base: Skanda Vale Hospice, Saron, Carmarthenshire. SA44 5DY