- Responsible to: Head of Operations.
- Base: Skanda Hafan, Caerdelyn, Dolgran, Pencader, SA39 9BX.
- When: The minimum requirement is 10 hours per week, covering for the Skanda Hafan Volunteer Caretaker for two days per week. There will be times when you will be required to attend training at Skanda Vale Hospice and when you need to do some online training.
Volunteer role summary
- Helping to caretake a 35-bed holiday accommodation service, comprised of a bunkhouse, four to five letting rooms, a one-bedroom flat and a four-bedroom farmhouse.
- Supporting the Skanda Hafan Volunteer Caretaker in ensuring that the accommodation is maintained at a high standard for our guests; this includes monitoring the online booking system when the Volunteer Caretaker is absent (2 days per week and occasionally on holiday) and organising turnover through the contracted cleaners or completing the cleaning yourself.
- Ensuring that there is enough clean bedding to meet our guest’s needs, liaising with the external laundry service as required or completing the laundry yourself.
- Monitoring the online booking systems when the Volunteer Caretaker is absent to confirm bookings, arranging refunds through the SkandaVale Hospice Finance Team or responding to other enquiries on the Skanda Hafan email account.
- Working as part of the Skanda Hafan Team meeting and greeting visitors when on site. Identifying and reporting maintenance issues using the Skanda Vale Hospice Maintenance and Works Policy and Procedure.
How to apply
Please fill in the application form below and if you have any questions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What happens next?
We will be in touch in a few days for a follow-up chat and to arrange an interview. If successful, we’ll then ask for two character references from colleagues or professionals and begin your induction training. Then you’ll be ready to roll!
After you press ‘Send’ you should see a “Thank you” notification which lets you know the ball is rolling. Please don’t leave the page until then. You should also receive an email saying we’ll be in touch – but just to make sure, it’d be great if you’d drop an email to email@example.com (that way we can keep a lookout for your form).