Volunteer role summary
- Role: Volunteer Catering Lead.
- Supported by: Head of Operations.
- Hours of service: The minimum requirement is 8 to 12 hours per week (the 12 hours relate to respite weeks when we have 24/7 services running) – we anticipate a 50/50 split between on-site and remote working.
- In addition, we ask that you commit 15 hours in your first month to training. This will reduce to approximately six hours per month in your second and third month – thereafter a maximum of one to two hours a month.
- Location: Skanda Vale Hospice, Saron, Llandysul, SA44 5DY.
Our Catering Lead is there to ensure a sympathetic and efficient meal service for our patients and team. During respite, that means breakfast, lunch, and supper. For day hospice the focus is on lunch only.
We are looking for a self-motivated volunteer to lead the catering team, to create menus for our chefs to cook that include all types of foods and tastes and that meet the nutritional and special needs of patients to a high standard. Great food is an important and social aspect of what people love about being with us; so the catering team enjoys both shared meals and widespread popularity!
How to apply
Please fill in the application form below and if you have any questions please email: email@example.com
What happens next?
We will be in touch in a few days for a follow-up chat and to arrange an interview. If successful, we’ll then ask for two character references from colleagues or professionals and begin your induction training. Then you’ll be ready to roll!
After you press ‘Send’ you should see a “Thank you” notification which lets you know the ball is rolling. Please don’t leave the page until then. You should also receive an email saying we’ll be in touch – but just to make sure, it’d be great if you’d drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (that way we can keep a lookout for your form).