This role is suited to remote working and can start right away. As we begin to reopen after the pandemic, a regular physical presence at the hospice will also be important.
What will this role involve day-to-day?
- To coordinate delivery of complementary therapies for patients and family and friends attending Skanda Vale Day Hospice and as part of inpatient respite care.
- To coordinate complementary therapies for hospice team members to promote resilience and to enable a feeling of value for our volunteering team.
- To participate in and lead the recruitment of complementary therapists.
- To work alongside the Lead Nurse and Deputy Lead Nurse in ensuring therapies delivered are safe and effective and meet the needs of the patient or family and friend as outlined in current care plans and reviewed as specified.
- To provide supervision, support and training to the complementary therapy team members, and proactively encourage all therapists to meet Continuing Professional Development requirements.
- In conjunction with Care Delivery Team colleagues to coordinate, develop and participate in managing the services provided by Skanda Vale Hospice in line with the strategic and operational plans and Skanda Vale Hospice policies and procedures.
- To be responsible for maintaining accurate and up to date records on Google Drive for the complementary therapy team, producing reports for the ODC (Operational Delivery Committee) when requested and Board of Trustees on a quarterly basis. These will translate the delivery of complementary therapies into numbers using Key Performance Indicators, in order to show the treatments and benefits provided.
- To meet regularly and work alongside the Head of Care Delivery and other department Leads to collaboratively develop excellent person-centred care processes that enable the achievement of the ethos and strategy of Skanda Vale Hospice.
How to apply
Please fill in the application form below and if you have any questions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What happens next?
We will be in touch in a few days for a follow-up chat and to arrange an interview. If successful, we’ll then ask for two character references from colleagues or professionals and begin your induction training. Then you’ll be ready to roll!
After you press ‘Send’ you should see a “Thank you” notification which lets you know the ball is rolling. Please don’t leave the page until then. You should also receive an email saying we’ll be in touch – but just to make sure, it’d be great if you’d drop an email to [email protected]