Volunteer role description
- Location: Combination of remote working and time at Skanda Vale Hospice, Saron, Llandysul, SA44 5DY.
- Time offering: Approximately 8 hours per week (TBC)
- This role reports to: Workforce Development Manager
- Expenses: We cover volunteer expenses and personal articles required for the role, offer great food and refreshments on-site, and host fun team days.
What will this role involve day-to-day?
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced administrator or someone looking to develop a career in HR, to join the People & Communications Team.
The role holder will be responsible for providing administrative support and duties, which will include updating databases and collating reports as well as supporting the introduction and maintaining personnel records.
This is a pivotal role that will support the work of the People and Communications team and the Hospice in its provision of a volunteer-led palliative care service.
Specific tasks & responsibilities
- Be responsible for preparing and maintaining personnel files and databases.
- Assist the Human Resources Officer and Volunteer Recruitment Officer in staff and volunteer recruitment administration.
- Maintain accurate, clear and contemporaneous records and documentation.
- Coordinate introduction and training processes.
- Serve as a point of contact if needed, for new volunteers and recruitment enquiries.
- To be familiar with and comply with all Skanda Vale Hospice policies, procedures and protocols.
Personal qualities & skills
We’re looking for the following experience, qualifications, skills and abilities:
- Essential: Relevant administration experience, ideally within an HR setting.
- Essential: Experience in working with databases and IT packages; producing reports and data entry.
- Desirable: Experience in HR administration in a hospice / care setting.
- Desirable: Experience in liaising with external agencies / organisations to drive recruitment campaigns.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and interpersonal.)
- Ability to prioritise effectively and produce quality work under pressure.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Sound IT skills (including Microsoft and Google suites.)
- Self-motivated and able to fulfil the role with minimal supervision.
- Collaborative approach.
- An empathetic and respectful attitude towards colleagues at all levels.
- Committed to volunteering as a model of service provision.
- Warmth and approachability.
- Alignment with the ethos of Skanda Vale Hospice.
- A good sense of humour.
Before you start, make sure you have the names, numbers and email addresses of two referees (non-family members) who you’ve known for two or more years.