This role is suited to remote working and can start right away. As we begin to reopen after the pandemic, a regular physical presence at the hospice will also be important.
What will this role involve day-to-day?
- Working with colleagues within the Care Delivery Team in delivering excellent person-centred care to patients and their families.
- Supporting the delivery of ‘best practice’ by the wider Care Team through following operating policies and procedures.
- Ensuring, within hospice procedures and resources, that the needs of patients and families are at the core of all that we do.
- Championing our social model of a volunteer-led service driven to provide excellent palliative care, to colleagues, patients, families, carers and wider multi-disciplinary team across Hywel Dda UHB.
- Carrying out patient assessments prior to engaging with the service, and reassessments following any changes, or at a predetermined date to identify patient needs and wishes and to ascertain how the hospice may best support those patients.
- Completing personalised care plans with each patient and their family / friends, according to the service we are offering them, in line with their individual needs and in agreement with them.
- Embracing different methods of assessing and engaging with patients according to their individual needs and preferences. This includes but is not limited to: interactions via phone, email, online media such as Google Meet, Zoom or Skype, plus face-to-face assessments, in patients’ own homes, at Skanda Vale Hospice, or other appropriate locations such as hospitals or daycare facilities.
- Cooperating fully with the Lead Nurse, Deputy Lead Nurse and Assessment Team in the coordination and ongoing development of the Assessment and Care Planning process.
- Upholding the ethos of Skanda Vale Hospice (SVH) ensuring person-centred care, both for the patient and their family / friends, from the point of referral through to the end of engagement with the service.
How to apply
Please fill in the application form below and if you have any questions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What happens next?
We will be in touch in a few days for a follow-up chat and to arrange an interview. If successful, we’ll then ask for two character references from colleagues or professionals and begin your induction training. Then you’ll be ready to roll!
After you press ‘Send’ you should see a “Thank you” notification which lets you know the ball is rolling. Please don’t leave the page until then. You should also receive an email saying we’ll be in touch – but just to make sure, it’d be great if you’d drop an email to [email protected]