This role is suited to remote working and can start right away. As we begin to reopen after the pandemic, a regular physical presence at the hospice will also be important.
Volunteer role overview
- To carry out patient assessments prior to them engaging with the service.
- To conduct patient reassessments following changes, or at a predetermined date.
- To identify patient needs and wishes through holistic assessments to enable the nursing team to develop and agree on patient-specific care plans.
- To engage fully with different methods of assessing patients according to their individual needs and preferences. This includes but is not limited to, assessments via phone, email, online interaction through various media (Google Meet, Zoom, Skype etc.), plus face-to-face assessments, in patients’ homes, at Skanda Vale Hospice, or at appropriate alternative locations eg. hospital or daycare facilities.
- To cooperate fully with the Lead Nurse, Deputy Lead Nurse and Assessment Team in the coordination and ongoing development of the Assessment and Care Planning process.
- To uphold the ethos of Skanda Vale Hospice ensuring person-centred care from the point of referral through to the end of engagement with the service, both for the patient and their loved ones.
How to apply
Please fill in the application form below and if you have any questions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What happens next?
We will be in touch in a few days for a follow-up chat and to arrange an interview. If successful, we’ll then ask for two character references from colleagues or professionals and begin your induction training. Then you’ll be ready to roll!