Here is our list of all the hospices, cancer care and palliative care support groups in South West Wales.
South West Wales Lymphoedema Support
- Current services: Lymphoedema Support
- Meeting places: We meet at the Tenovus Mobile Unit – situated at the rear car park of the Liberty Stadium, Swansea.
- Other details: Our support group meets on the first Thursday of every month, at 7.15pm.
- Call: 01792 843730
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tŷ Cymorth Hospice
- Current services: Hospice day care centre
- Meeting places: Tŷ Cymorth, Glangwili General Hospital, Carmarthen SA31 2AF.
- Other details: We provide nursing, symptom and medication management, psychological and spiritual care, social support, occupational therapy, physiotherapy and therapeutic activities. We also provide relevant information for patients and their families and a Bereavement Support Service.
- Call: 01267 227100
- Email: email@example.com
- Web: tycymorth.org.uk
- Facebook: facebook.com/TyCymorthHospiceAppeal
- Current services: Cancer Information & Support Services
- Meeting places: We have a drop in centre: 2-2a Gwydr Crescent, Uplands, Swansea, SA2 0AA. Home and hospital visits can be arranged.
- Other details: We offer free emotional support and counselling to anyone affected by cancer, whether they are a patient, carer, family member or friend. Our unique outreach service takes our support to your home if you are unable to attend any of our centres in Swansea, Neath or Carmarthen.
- Call: 01267 679149
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: cancerinformation.org.uk
- Facebook: facebook.com/CISSCharity
The Bracken Trust
- Current services: Cancer support services
- Meeting places: The Bracken Trust Cancer Support Centre, Cefnllys Lane, Llandrindod Wells, Powys, LD1 5LJ
- Other details: We are open from Monday to Friday, offering information, advice, support, counselling and complementary therapies to support people who are coping with cancer, their families and the bereaved.
- Call: 01597 823646
- Email: email@example.com
- Web: brackentrust.org.uk
- Facebook: Bracken Trust Facebook group
Cruse Bereavement Care
- Current services: Bereavement care
- Meeting places: Pembrokeshire, Carmarthenshire and Ceredigion.
- Other details: We provide bereavement support to anyone who refers themselves to us. We do not have our own offices – we usually meet clients in approved neutral premises. If necessary we can meet clients in their homes. Our service is free of charge.
- Call: Pembrokeshire: 01437 891006, Carmarthenshire: 01267 235130, Ceredigion: 01239 621141.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: cruse.org.uk
- Facebook: facebook.com/pages/Cruse-Bereavement-Care
- Twitter: twitter.com/CruseCare
Adams Bucketful of Hope
- Current services: Cancer support and information
- Meeting places: 11 Dew Street, Haverfordwest, Dyfed, SA61 1ST.
- Other details: We offer counselling, therapies, creative activities, beauty treatments and podiatry. Our venue features a charity shop, music room, library, vegetarian cafe and garden. Our therapist can also make home visits. Open Monday to Saturday, 10.30am to 4.30pm.
- Call: 01437 779400
- Email: email@example.com
- Web: Google 360° photo tour
- Facebook: facebook.com/Adams-Bucketful-of-Hope
Pembrokeshire Cancer Support
- Current services: Complementary therapy, support & information
- Meeting places: 91 Queen Street, Pembroke Dock, Pembrokeshire, SA72 6JE
- Other details: Providing support and information for cancer patients, family and friends at our Pembroke Dock Support Centre. No appointments are required and we can provide home or hospital visits.
- Call: 01646 683078
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: pembrokeshirecancersupport.org.uk
The Thorne Mason Trust
- Current services: Brain tumour & cancer support.
- Meeting places: We cover the Pembrokeshire area.
- Other details: We can help you with gardening, cleaning, cooking, organic fruit and vegetable delivery, social support, complementary therapies, beauty treatments, nutritional advice, lending library and financial help for transport costs.
- Call: 01437 766011
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: thornemasontrust.com
- Facebook: facebook.com/thornemason
Cardigan Cancer Care
- Current services: Financial, emotional and practical support.
- Meeting places: We cover the town and local area of Cardigan. There is no group meeting place – we provide one to one help in a location of your choice.
- Other details: We offer emotional support, financial assistance, transport to appointments and practical help in your home to enhance your mobility and comfort.
- Call: Angela 01239 614843 / Anne 01239 615141 / Enfys 01239 613123 / Helen 01239 612187 / Judy 01239 614851
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: cardigancancercare.org.uk
The Old Mill Foundation
- Current services: Holistic cancer support centre.
- Meeting places: Opening hours: Monday to Friday from 10am to 4pm at Meyricks Mill, Hendy Rd, Penclawdd, Swansea, SA4 3XE. Also open every Tuesday from 10am to 5pm at Llandybie Memorial Hall, Woodfield Lane, Llandybie, SA18 3UR.
- Other details: We offer counselling, support and a wide range of complementary therapies. We also offer manual lymphatic drainage.
- Call: 01792 851553
- Email: email@example.com
- Web: oldmillfoundation.co.uk
- Facebook: facebook.com/TheOldMillCancerFoundation
- Twitter: twitter.com/oldmillhealth
- Current services: Practical, emotional & social cancer support.
- Meeting places: Maggies, Singleton Hospital, Sketty Lane, Swansea, SA2 8QL
- Other details: Maggie’s provides free practical, emotional and social support for people with cancer and their families and friends. Our support includes psychology, nutrition, benefits advice and exercise. We are open Monday to Friday, from 9am to 5pm.
- Call: 01792 200 000
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: maggiescentres.org/our-centres/maggies-swansea/
- Facebook: facebook.com/maggiescentres
- Twitter: twitter.com/MaggiesCentres
Shalom House St Davids
- Current services: Day care respite and occupational therapy.
- Meeting places: Shalom House, 113 Nun Street, St Davids, Pembrokeshire, SA62 6BP
- Other details: Day care respite is available Monday to Friday from 10am to 3.30pm. We also offer occupational therapy and a walking group that is suitable for wheelchair users.
- Call: 01437 721344
- Email: email@example.com
- Web: shalomstdavids.org
- Facebook: facebook.com/ShalomHouse
- Twitter: twitter.com/ShalomHouseOrg
Paul Sartori Foundation
- Current services: Hospice at home, information, phone service.
- Meeting places: Paul Sartori Foundation, 31 Haven Road, Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, SA61 1DU.
- Other details: We offer specialised care and advice for those living with a life limiting illness. Care can be provided in the patient’s home. We also help relatives and carers during illness and bereavement.
- Call: 01437 763223
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: paulsartori.org
- Facebook: facebook.com/PaulSartoriFoundation
Bwcabus – public transport
- Current services: On demand, accessible, local bus service.
- Meeting places: Covers Carmarthen, Cardigan, Aberystwyth, Lampeter and Llandovery (plus smaller villages in between).
- Other details: A local bus service with low level wheelchair access. You can book your own specific journey in advance. The service operates from 7am to 7pm, Monday to Saturday.
- Call: 01239 801601
- Email: email@example.com
- Web: bwcabus.traveline-cymru.info
- Facebook: facebook.com/pages/Bwcabus
- Twitter: twitter.com/Bwcabus
Ty Olwen Hospice Trust
- Current services: Inpatient, day care & community based services
Meeting places: Ty Olwen Hospice, Morriston Hospital, Swansea, SA6 6NL
Other details: Specialist palliative care delivered either in an inpatient hospice unit, in a hospital ward, in the Ty Olwen day care centre, or in the patient’s own home.
- Call: 01792 703412
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: tyolwen.org
- Facebook: facebook.com/pages/Ty-Olwen-Hospice
- Twitter: twitter.com/TyOlwenHospice
Tenovus Cancer Care
- Current services: Information, counselling and support.
- Meeting places: We have a mobile cancer support unit and hold meetings across South West Wales.
- Other details: Offering phone support, face-to-face counselling, choir singing, bereavement support, creative therapies and advice on money matters.
- Call: 0808 808 1010
- Email: email@example.com
- Web: tenovuscancercare.org.uk
- Facebook: facebook.com/tenovuscancercare
- Twitter: twitter.com/tenovuscancer
Llanelli Breast Cancer Support
- Current services: Support and friendship.
- Meeting places: Glenalla Community Hall, Glenalla Road, Llanelli, SA15 1EG
- Other details: Meet every third Monday of the month at 7pm (except in August). Guest speakers come from time to time.
- Call: 01554 749170 or 01554 810967
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ty Bryngwyn Llanelli Hospice
- Current services: Day care and inpatient services.
- Meeting places: Ty Bryngwyn, Prince Philip Hospital, Llanelli, Carmarthenshire, SA14 8QF
- Other details: We cover the three counties of Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion and Pembrokeshire. We are a consultant-led multi disciplinary team, providing specialist pain and symptom control.
- Call: 01554 783560
- Email: email@example.com
- Web: tybryngwyn.org.uk
- Facebook: facebook.com/TyBryngwyn
West Wales Prostate Cancer Support
- Current services: Prostate cancer information and support
- Meeting places: We meet informally every two months usually over a pub lunch either in Swansea or Carmarthen, but occasionally elsewhere.
- Other details: We are a patient-led support group helping men (and their families) as they go through the process of investigation, diagnosis and treatment for prostate cancer. We also educate and raise awareness of this disease and campaign for better services. We operate throughout West and South West Wales.
- Call: 01239 710265
- Email: Email
- Web: Website
Sandville Self Help Centre
- Current services: Support, therapy and information
- Meeting places: Sandville Court, Bridgend, CF33 4PU
- Other details: Day care and crisis respite care for people with cancer and other serious illnesses. We offer information, support, welfare benefits and legal advice, reflexology, hairdressing, aromatherapy, massage and reiki. We also have a hydrotherapy pool. We can arrange transport to hospital for radiotherapy and chemotherapy. Open every day from 10am to 4pm.
- Call: 01656 743344
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: sandville.org.uk
Tŷ Croeso Day Hospice
- Current services: Cancer day support unit
- Meeting places: Drop in centre: 25 heol eglwys, Ystradgynlais, Swansea, SA9 1EY
- Other details: Cancer day support unit offering complementary therapy, couselling, help with bereavement, socialising, light lunch, day trips, reflexology, manicures and massage. Open every Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 9.30am to 2.30pm.
- Call: 01639 844414
- Email: email@example.com
- Web: tycroeso.co.uk
Llandeilo Breast Cancer Group
- Current services: Information and support for breast cancer.
- Meeting places: St Johns Hall, Dynevor Avenue, Llandeilo, SA19 6DP.
- Other details: We meet on the 1st Monday of every month (except January/July/August). We have a Christmas lunch and a coach outing in the summer. We do jewellery making and have guest speakers.
- Call: 01558 822554
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What’s it like being cared for at Skanda Vale Hospice?
“It’s renewed my faith in human nature. It really has… I’ve discovered here a vein of humanity that is very, very special”
More useful links
- Check out our current palliative care hospice services
- Type in your postcode to get a list of care services near you, from Dying Matters
- Another postcode-based cancer support service finder via Macmillan
- Search for palliative care services near you via Hospice UK
- Specialised services in South West Wales (some of these details are out of date) from Hywel Dda Health Board